Troy reminds fans of gameday procedures
At long last Veterans Memorial Stadium will play host to a college football game on Saturday when the Troy Trojans finally play their 2020 home opener against Texas State.
After having their schedule altered numerous times, The Trojans will play their third football game and their first at home.
The 2020 football season will have a different feel at Veterans Memorial Stadium. Attendance will be greatly reduced. Only season ticket holders and students will be accommodated this season. The only way to guarantee a ticket is to purchase season tickets.
The following is a list of guidelines for fans attending Troy home games in 2020.
Face coverings are required to be worn at all times while in The Vet with the exception of when eating or drinking. Masks will be made available to fans at all entrances to The Vet.
- All gameday workers, vendors and staff will wear face coverings at all times in The Vet and will be temperature checked and screened prior to the entrance into the stadium
- Gates to The Vet will open two (2) hours prior to the announced kickoff time to allow fans to safely enter the stadium and to help limit overcrowding of gate areas. Entrances to the Stadium Club and Suites will open three (3) hours prior to the announced kickoff time.
- To ensure social distancing for our season ticket holders, a two (2) seat buffer will be added around each ticket block. Season ticket holders will have their seats placed as close as possible to their normal seat locations and will retain the right of first refusal for their traditional seat location for the 2021 season.
- Fans will be required to sit in the seat listed on their respective ticket; clustering in unassigned seating areas will be prohibited.
- Check-in for the Stadium Club and Suites located on the sixth floor of the press box tower will take place outside. Troy branded tents will be set outside the press box tower for patrons to check in before entering The Vet.
- Suite holders will not be allowed to move between suites and floors on gameday. Movement outside of the suites should be limited to using the restroom only
- Additional social distancing sections will be available in select general admission sections where fans can move to at any time if they choose.
- Concessions, merchandise stands and catering protocols will be modified according to public health recommendations.
- All concessions and merchandise stands will feature credit card readers as fans are highly encouraged to go cashless throughout Veterans Memorial Stadium on gameday.
- Concessions will have prepackaged food and drink items. Lids will be used for fountain drinks and condiments will be prepackaged. Dividers will be used at points of sale and stanchions will be used to form lines.
- Proper queuing and social distancing will be required in all common areas, such as concession stands and restrooms. Social distancing markers will be located in these areas to assist fans achieve proper spacing. All restrooms will feature one-way entrances and one-way exits in order to provide proper spacing while in line as well as while in the restroom facilities.
- Free hand sanitation stations will be setup on the concourses and throughout Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- Tailgating on campus will be permitted with social distance guidelines in place. The number of tents in Tailgate Terrace will be significantly reduced to ensure proper spacing in between groups. Face coverings will be required while tailgating when not eating or drinking. RV parking will be allowed with the appropriate parking pass and will remain at the Trojan Arena parking lot.
- The Kids Zone in the outfield of Riddle-Pace Field will not be open for the 2020 season.
Kickoff between the Trojans and Bobcats is scheduled for 2:30. As of Monday afternoon, fewer than 300 single-game tickets were available for this Saturday’s contest. Tickets are $30 will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
The Trojans will then have home games on October 17 and October 24. Both of those games are scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Troy’s remaining home games will be against Georgia State, Middle Tennessee and ULM.
The Sun Belt Conference announced the women’s basketball conference slate for the 2020-21 season Thursday afternoon. For the first time... read more