Pike County BOE approves personnel action
Published 10:12 pm Monday, August 9, 2021
The Pike County Board of Education met on July 26 and worked from an agenda that included new business and personnel action.
In new business, the board:
•Approved the request for 10 additional days for elementary school bookkeepers.
• Approved the request to employ two Troy University tutors to serve on-line and face-to-face to those students enrolled in mathematics and science for dual enrollment classes.
•Approved the request to approve FY 2022 Budget Hearing dates: Tuesday, September 7, starting at 2:30 p.m. in the Central Office and Thursday September 9, starting at 2:30 p.m. at the Central Office Board Room.
• Approved or denied student transfer request per the attached spreadsheet.
• Approved school COVID re-opening plan.
• Approved the final resolution detailing refinancing of the existing bonds and issuance of new 2021 Capital Improvement Bonds.
• Approved extension of National Board Certification local matching supplement to certified employees receiving state supplements such as Certified Instructional Leader (CIL)
In personnel action, the board:
• Approved the request to re-employee Catherine Daniel, tutor, Exercise and Health Academy classes.
• Approved the request to employ Crystal Weissenberger, English teacher, Goshen High School
• Approved the request to employ Ashley Skinner, Special Education Aide, GHS.
• Approved the request to employ Sara Wallace, STEM facilitator, Pike County High School.
• Approved the coaching supplements for PCHS.
All new hires are contingent on certification or a verified pathway to certification and background checks.