Municipal candidates file final finance reports
Published 10:16 pm Monday, September 14, 2020
Municipal candidates filed four financial reports between Aug. 26 and Sept. 8.
Candidates for the Aug. 25 municipal elections were required to begin filing weekly financial statements as of Aug. 3.
According to the Secretary of State candidate filing guide, once a candidate has reached the disclosure threshold by either raising or spending $1,000 in total, the candidate is responsible for filing the disclosure reports, itemizing contributions or expenditures of more than $100 he or she is responsible for filing:
• Monthly reports, due no later than the second business day of the following month;
• Weekly reports, due on the Monday of the following week for each of the four weeks before the election date (a week runs Saturday to Friday). Statements for the week ending Sept. 4 were due Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Principal campaign committees that have not reached the contribution/expenditure threshold are not required to file reports. However, the optional Waiver of Report form is available for those who want to make a record of their status.
Weekly reports filed with the Pike County Probate Judge include:
• Sharon McSwain-Holland, Troy City Council District 1, filed Sept. 3 for week ending Sept. 4
Statement of Campaign Dissolution
• Isabell “Fronnie” Boyd, Brundidge Mayor, Filed Sept. 2 for week ending Sept. 4
Beginning Balance: $81.79
• Betty Baxter, Troy City Council, filed Sept. 1 for week ending Sept. 4.
Waiver of Report
• Stephanie Baker, Troy City Council District 4, filed Sept. 1 for week ending Sept. 4
Beginning balance: $2,558.48
Income: Matt and Stephanie Baker, $700
Expenditures: Moseley Studios, $2,500, Lawrence Hardware, $272.52