Troy announces guidelines for upcoming football season
Troy announced new guidelines that will be in place at Veterans Memorial Stadium during the 2020 college football season.
The 2020 schedule was released on Thursday afternoon and it will feature a 12-game schedule and six home games.
Veterans Memorial Stadium’s capacity will be greatly reduced this season due to COVID-19. Season ticket holders along with Troy students will be guaranteed a spot during home games. The Sound of the South Marching Band along with the Troy cheerleaders will also be on hand for all home games. If single-game tickets become available it will be announced at a later date.
There is a limit to the number of season tickets that will be sold.
To ensure proper social distancing, season ticket holder’s may have their seats moved to allow fans to spread out. Their new seats will be in locations as close as possible to their normal locations.
Students will have to request individual tickets for each game. Certain sections will be assigned for each student ticket. Tickets will be asked to social distance themselves. Additional sections have been added to the traditional student section. Students can request one ticket and must have that ticket along with their student I.D. in order to gain admission into the stadium.
Listed below are the guidelines for the upcoming season. For more information visit www.Troytrojans.com/gameday.
- The Vet will operate at a significantly reduced capacity for the 2020 season (unless state policy changes during the season); this will allow for season ticket holders and for Troy University students to be accommodated for the season. Additionally, the Sound of the South and Troy Cheerleaders will also be present and involved in all home games.
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times while in The Vet with the exception of when eating or drinking. Masks will be made available to fans at all entrances to The Vet.
- All gameday workers, vendors and staff will wear face coverings at all times in The Vet and will be temperature checked and screened prior to the entrance into the stadium.
- Gates to The Vet will open two (2) hours prior to the announced kickoff time to allow fans to safely enter the stadium and to help limit overcrowding of gate areas. Entrances to the Stadium Club and Suites will open three (3) hours prior to the announced kickoff time.
- To ensure social distancing for our season ticket holders, a two (2) seat buffer will be added around each ticket block. Season ticket holders will have their seats placed as close as possible to their normal seat locations and will retain the right of first refusal for their traditional seat location for the 2021 season.
- Fans will be required to sit in the seat listed on their respective ticket; clustering in unassigned seating areas will be prohibited.
- Check-in for the Stadium Club and Suites located on the sixth floor of the press box tower will take place outside. Troy branded tents will be set outside the press box tower for patrons to check in before entering The Vet.
- Suite holders will not be allowed to move between suites and floors on gameday. Movement outside of the suites should be limited to using the restroom only.
- Additional social distancing sections will be available in select general admission sections where fans can move to at any time if they choose.
- Concessions, merchandise stands and catering protocols will be modified according to public health recommendations.
- All concessions and merchandise stands will feature credit card readers as fans are highly encouraged to go cashless throughout Veterans Memorial Stadium on gameday.
- Concessions will have prepackaged food and drink items. Lids will be used for fountain drinks and condiments will be prepackaged. Dividers will be used at points of sale and stanchions will be used to form lines.
- Proper queuing and social distancing will be required in all common areas, such as concession stands and restrooms. Social distancing markers will be located in these areas to assist fans achieve proper spacing. All restrooms will feature one-way entrances and one-way exits in order to provide proper spacing while in line as well as while in the restroom facilities.
- Free hand sanitation stations will be setup on the concourses and throughout Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- Tailgating on campus will be permitted with social distance guidelines in place. The number of tents in Tailgate Terrace will be significantly reduced to ensure proper spacing in between groups. Face coverings will be required while tailgating when not eating or drinking. RV parking will be allowed with the appropriate parking pass and will remain at the Trojan Arena parking lot.
- Sun Belt Conference guidelines have placed strict restrictions on who has access to the playing field. For the 2020 season, the Sound of the South and the Troy Cheerleaders will remain in the stands. These outstanding auxiliary groups will still perform during pregame, halftime and throughout the game.
- In order to promote social distancing and to protect the gameday bubble around the team, Trojan Walk will not take place for the 2020 season.
- The Kids Zone in the outfield of Riddle-Pace Field will not be open for the 2020 season.
- Troy’s GAMEDAY Program will be produced in a digital format only for the 2020 season; fans will be able to visit TroyTrojans.com/Program to view each week’s edition. Fans will still be able to enjoy the normal features of GAMEDAY including stories on student-athletes, rosters and depth charts for both teams.
Troy is scheduled to open their season on September 5 against Louisiana Monroe inside Veterans Memorial Stadium. Other home games include: Texas State (October 8), Eastern Kentucky (October 17), Georgia State (October 24), Coastal Carolina (November 14) and Middle Tennessee (November 21).
New Life Christian opened its doors for the 2020-2021 school year on Thursday, and for the teachers and students it... read more