Emergency food, shelter funds available
Nearly $25,000 in federal funds is available for supplemental emergency food and shelter programs in Pike County.
The county has been chosen to receive $10,1777 in Emergency Food and Shelter Program funding and $14,510 Emergency Food and Shelter Program CARES funding to supplement the programs in the county.
The local Emergency Food and Shelter Board will determine how the funds will be distributed among the EF&S programs run by local services in the area.
The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds made available under this program.
Under the terms of the grant, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
• be private voluntary non-profits or units of government;
• be eligible to receive federal funds;
• have an accounting system;
• practice non-discrimination;
• have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs;
• have a DUNS and FEIN number;
• and if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Public or private voluntary agencies interested in apply for Emergency. Food and Shelter program funds must apply in writing to Chris Black, 218 Academy Street, Troy, AL 36081.
Deadline for letters of interest is May 28, 2020.
By Lauren Johnson “This is not the graduation that we expected, but we will forever remember this,” said Charles Henderson... read more