TCS opens job search
Published 6:41 pm Tuesday, May 19, 2020
The Troy City Schools Board of Education is officially opening a search for a new superintendent with the goal of approving a hire in July.
The Board of Education approved a timeline to replace former superintendent Dr. Lee Hicks during its meeting on Monday. The board and Hicks agreed to a separation agreement on Feb. 18 that included paying Hicks more than $176,000 in salary through July 1, 2021.
Cynthia Thomas has been serving as interim superintendent since March.
According to the timeline approved on Monday, the board will advertise for the position through June 22. The board will screen the applications and determine if any interviews will be conducted by June 29. The board has discretion as to whether interviews will be conducted.
Board members expect to approve a new hire at the July meeting, with the new superintendent starting by Aug. 3.
In addition to the superintendent job search, the board approved several other personnel actions on Monday, including:
• Aubrey Reed, Troy Elementary first grade, resignation
• Chelsea Turner, TES second grade, resignation
• Kayla. Cooper, TES teacher, hire
• Mattie Hanson, TES teacher, hire
• Rolanda Harrison, TES teacher, hire
• Brenda McClain, Early Childhood Center secretary, retirement
• Shirley Holloway, TES aide, non-renewal
• Stevien Baxter, TES aide, non-renewal
• Audra Weaver, Charles Henderson Middle School English teacher, non-renewal
• Elizabeth McGlaud, CHMS English teacher, non-renewal
• Mary Elise Thornton, CHMS English teacher, hire
• Kyle Shook, CHMS English teacher, hire
• Lise Fayson, Charles Henderson High School principal, hire
• Anthony B. Adam Jr., CHHS JROTC, resignation
• Judith Park, CHHS drama teacher, resignation
• Kevin Temple, CHHS history teacher, non -renewal
• Travis Baxley, CHHS Driver’s Ed teacher, non-renewal
• Travis Baxley, CHHS history teacher, hire
• John Gluschick, CHHS teacher/coach, non-renewal
• Diana LoCascio, CHHS secretary, non-renewal
• Kim Sellers, Troy Pike Center for Technology PLTW Pre-Engineering, resignation
• Tammy Jones, Central Office Superintendent Secretary, hire
The board also approved a revised calendar for 2020-2021 school year, with the new first day of school set for Aug. 20. Teachers will begin professional development on Aug. 7.