PCBOE holds May meeting
The Pike County Borad of Education met Monday to handle personnel action and other business for the month of May.
• Approved Financial Statement and Bank Reconcilements for the month of April 2019.
• Approved payment of payrolls for the month of April 2019 and account run dates of 4/25/2019 and 5/9/2019.
• Approved the Certified Teacher Signing Bonus Incentive.
• Approved request to offer a Driver’s Education Program during the summer.
• Approve request to hire a contract adjunct Physics Teacher for the 2019 Fall Term.
• Approved request of the local textbook committee to add to the textbook adoption list: Earth Science: Geology, the Environment, and the Universe by McGraw-Hill publishers.
• Awarded bid for Cell Phone Service to Verizon Wireless.
• Awarded bid for milk to Borden Dairy for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Awarded bid for Pest Control for Child Nutrition Program to Meeks Termite and Pest Control for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Awarded bid for slush machines at PCHS to Trident Beverage for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Approved travel request for students, faculty and staff per the attached spreadsheet.
• Approved or deny student transfer request per the attached spreadsheet.
In personnel action, the board:
• Approved Catastrophic leave for Caitlin Ramirez, GHS. Anticipated maternity leave to start August 27, 2019.
• Accepted resignation of Taylor Hayes, PE Teacher, PCES. Effective May 31, 2019.
• Accepted resignation of Sarah Driggers, 5th Grade Teacher, GES. Effective May 31, 2019.
• Accepted resignation of Elizabeth Stone, Social Science Teacher, GHS. Effective May 31, 2019.
• Accepted medical resignation of Amy Norris, 2nd Grade Teacher, Banks. Effective May 31, 2019.
• Approved request to employ, Sarah Scroochi, SPED teacher, GHS. Contingent on certification.
• Approved request to employ, Cynthia Reeves, Business Academy Teacher, PCHS.
• Accepted request for Volunteer states for Kerry Coston, Football at GHS.
• Approved request for 30 extra work days to be distributed between David Godwin, Jodie Jefcoat, and Holly Horn to staff Summer School and prepare for the Virtual High School 2019-2020 school year.
The Pike County Commission approved an engineering fee with CDG engineering Monday to continue forward with plans to resurface an... read more