TroyFest Bucks fund scholarships, festival operations

Published 3:00 am Saturday, April 20, 2019

For many years, supporters of TroyFest have supported the “Friends of Jean Lake,” program with the purchase of TroyFest Bucks.

However, many of those supporters don’t fully understand the impact of their support,” said Morgan Drinkard, who co-chairs TroyFest with her husband, Rob. “The Jean Lake purchase program directly supports TroyFest in three specific ways. First, it helps fund the scholarships provided to local art student and teachers through the art exhibit and competition featured at the Johnson Center for the Arts.”

The purchase of TroyFest Bucks also assists with operational expenditures associated with the festival. And, last but certainly not least, Drinkard said, TroyFest Bucks awarded in the patron purchase program purchase program allow the festival to advertise a certain amount of guaranteed sales to the artists and that is big in attracting qualifying artists.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

“Being a friend of Jean Lake also affirms an individual’s commitment to what we are bringing to the Troy community,” Drinkard said.

The way the patron purchase support program works is those who choose to participate donate a designated amount of money to the Jean Lake Purchase Program prior to the festival.

“Patrons receive 90 percent of their contribution back in TroyFest Bucks that can be spent with the artists during the festival,” Drinkard said. “The remaining 10 percent supports the festival operations and scholarships.”

Patrons who donated in advance are deemed “Friends of Jean Lake” and their names are published to public in the festival guide.

Drinkard said the deadline for having patron names published in the guide is 5 p.m. Wednesday. However, TroyFest Bucks can be purchased anytime during the festival April 27 and 28.

For more information or the support TroyFest by purchasing “bucks,” contact Leigh Ann Windham at 566-0177.