PCBOE allocates funds for PCHS soccer team
Published 9:59 pm Tuesday, October 16, 2018
The Pike County Board of Education met Monday night and considered an agenda that included the declaration of October as a month-long recognition for Dyslexia Awareness, Parent Visitation and National Principals. The board also approved an allocation to Pike County High School, which will pave the way for a soccer program at the high school in Brundidge.
In new business, the board:
• Approved Financial Statement and Bank Reconcilements for the month of September, 2018.
• Approved payment of payrolls for the month of September 2018 and account run date of September 23 and 26 and October 8.
• Approved the updates to the Uniform Guidance for Federal Programs Policy 7.94.
• Reviewed Comprehensive Plans.
• Approved a request to buy approximately one-half acre of land adjacent to Banks Middle school.
• Approved the lease of copiers for Pike County Elementary School and for Troy Pike Center for Technology.
• Approved the request of the Pike County Chamber of Commerce Education Committee to use an activity bus for the Junior Ambassador trip October 30.
• Approved the request of the East Central Mental Health Center to use a bus and bus driver, November 7 to take ECMHC Day Habilitation program to Peanut Festival in Dothan.
• Approved the request for Sasha Smith and Beth Chancellor to attend the CODE ReaD: IDA-AL Fall Reading Conference, October 18-19 in Mobile. Expenses are to be paid by Title I funds.
• Approved the request for Jonathan Thompson to attend the 2018 ASAHPERD Conference, November 4-6 in Birmingham. Expenses are to be paid with CIS funds.
• Approved the request for Pebley Williams and Cindy Boswell to attend the CLAS Secretaries Conference, December 4-5 in Birmingham. Expenses are to be paid with Goshen High School funds and general funds.
• Approve the request for the GHS swim team and sponsors to travel to and participate in the AHSAA Swim Sectionals. These meets will be held November 16-17 in Mobile. In addition approved request for each student’s parent transport them to and from the meet.
• Approve the request for Ana Belle Lee to attend the Alabama Counseling Association Annual Conference, November 14-16 in Birmingham. Expenses are to be paid with Title 1 funds.
• Approved the request for Donnella Carter and Pam Franklin to attend the Alabama Learning Forward Conference, November 15-16 in Birmingham. Expenses are to be paid with Title II and General Funds.
• Approved the request to enter into an agreement with the Pike County Commission and the Pike County Sheriff’s Department to hire a school resource officer for the Pike County School District.
• Approved the request for Tony May to attend the AASSP Fall Conference November 10-12 in Perdido Beach. Expenses to be paid with Title I funds.
• Approved an allocation to Pike County High School to start a soccer program.
In personnel action, the board
• Accepted the resignation of Joy Taylor, Child Nutrition Program part-time clerk, CNP, effective December 31, 2018.
• Accepted the resignation of Teresa Ellis, Bookkeeper, Pike County Elementary School, effective October 16, 2018
• Accepted the resignation of Arnitra Cotton, Pre-K Auxiliary Teacher, Banks, effective October 19, 2018
• Approved the employment of Kristin Booth, fourth grade teacher, Pike County Elementary School, contingent on ALSDE issuing Professional Educator Certificate.
• Approved the employment of Sylvia Green for CNP floater for Banks/Brundidge.
• Approved the employment of Angela Gibson, CNP worker, Goshen Elementary School.
• Approved Catastrophic leave for Linda Allen, CNP worker, Pike County Elementary School
• Approved medical leave for Janet Dempsey.
• Approved the request to continue providing stipends to the LDC/MDC coached LaToya Gay and Melinda Defee.
• Approved the request Volunteer Status for Talon O’fearghail, archery, Banks.
• Approved the request for a one-time stipend for Johnathan Thompson, who was selected Middle School Physical Education Teacher of the Year.