Social Security office extends hours in Pike County
Published 3:00 am Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Pike County residents can now access the county’s remote Social Security office three days a week to request a social security card, change their address and more.
The service had already been available on Mondays and Thursdays and residents can now use the service on Tuesday’s as well.
Pike County Probate Judge Wes Allen said the extra hours will be an asset to the people of the county.
“We are pleased Social Security has decided to add an additional day to their operations here at the courthouse,” Allen said. “This will certainly make it more convenient for the people of Pike County.”
The office, located on the bottom floor of the Pike County Courthouse, allows residents to speak with a representative over a video call to get help with Social Security needs.
The nearest physical Social Security office is in Montgomery.
In addition to changing addresses and ordering new Social Security cards, residents can also get help from the representative to access some of the Social Security office’s online capabilities.
Some services available through online access include:
• Applications for Social Security retirement/spouses benefits
• Applications for disability benefits
• The option to create a “my Social Security” account at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount and
• Get a benefit verification letter
• Check benefit and payment information
• Change addresses and phone numbers
• Start or change direct deposit of benefit payments
• Get a replacement form 1099
• Get a replacement Medicare Card
• Apply for extra help with your Medicare prescription drug costs
• Online services also available in Spanish.