Arrests made in Brundidge shooting death

Published 11:00 pm Thursday, September 1, 2016



Two suspects in the December 27, 2014, shooting death of 23-year-old Pryzim Thesolonnians Ransom of Brundidge were arrested Thursday morning.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Brundidge Police Chief Moses Davenport said Jeremy Jermol Elijah Rumph, 24, was arrested at his residence 2580 Alabama Highway 125 Lot 3, Brundidge, without incident by the Brundidge Police Department and with the assistance of the U.S. Marshal Task Force and the Troy Police Department.

Vanquavious Ventrell Flournoy, 21, 89 County Road 4437, Brundidge, turned himself in to the Brundidge Police Department early Thursday morning.

Rumph and Flournoy have been charged with attempted murder and were being held in the Pike County Jail on $75,000 bonds. As of Thursday afternoon, Rumph had posted bond. Flournoy remained jailed Davenport said another suspect, Brian Williams, 5262 TimuQana Road, Jacksonville, Florida will be arrested when he turns himself in to either the Brundidge Police Department or the Pike County Sheriff’s Department.

“If he does not turn himself in, the U.S. Marshals will pick him up,” Davenport said.

“This case has been under investigation for a long time. The DA’s office has determined that we have enough evidence for the arrests and for convictions. We have two of the suspects under arrest and expected the third suspect to be in custody soon.”

Davenport said the shooting that took place early on Dec. 27, 2014, left one man dead and two others injured.

As recorded in the Dec. 30, 2014, issue of The Messenger, Davenport said a police officer was driving through the area of Veterans Boulevard and Henderson Street in Brundidge just after midnight on Dec. 27, 2014, and heard gunshots.

When he went to the Upper Kutz barbershop to investigate, he found two males lying on the ground.

Davenport said shooting apparently was the result of a verbal altercation involving a group of people. As the altercation turned physical, a gun was drawn and many shots were fired. One victim was transported to Troy Regional Medical Center and later flown to a Montgomery hospital. Another victim was transported by private vehicle to TRMC with non-life threatening injuries.