Early morning fire destroys home

Published 3:00 am Wednesday, December 23, 2015


A fire in the early hours of Monday morning consumed a Troy home, according to one of its residents.

Kimberley Little, 24, and Troy fire officials believe that the fire at Little’s mobile home at 285 County Road 1150 was caused by a Christmas tree catching fire at roughly 12:30 a.m. Little, who has five children, said that her husband was in the house at the time of the fire, but that he was able to escape unharmed.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Little said that due to the age of the home, the fire could have been caused by a number of likely factors. “I’m so thankful that my kids and I weren’t in the home at the time, and that no one was hurt,” Little said.

Little said that besides a few clothes and pictures, her family was unable to recover anything salvageable from the wreckage.

“The fact that my family is safe is what has kept me sane through all of this,” Little said. “I did lose my house and a lot of our possessions, and it may take a while to replace those things, but my kids can’t be. I’m very grateful that I didn’t lose my kids. They’re not replaceable.”