AC unit catches fire at Hardee’s
Published 10:28 am Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Troy Fire Department responded to a structure fire at Hardee’s on U.S. 231 South at approximately 9:14 a.m. Wednesday.
Hardee’s General Manager Anthony Lowery said that he and the staff noticed that the roof was smoking on the inside, and they noticed that one of the vents from the air conditioning unit had caught fire.
“They were turning the heat on, and the unit malfunctioned and caught on fire,” Lowery said.
When responders arrived on scene, there was smoke coming from the roof, according to Fire Captain Curtis Shaver.
“When we entered the structure, we found that one of the air conditioning units on top of the structure was on fire,” Shaver said. “We were able to use the ladder to put out the fire quickly.”
Shaver said the fire was extinguished so that it did not move from the unit to any other part of the structure, allowing Hardee’s to reopen immediately.
“We ejected the smoke out of the building, so it is all cleared out and able to be occupied,” Shaver said.
Hardee’s is now open, but the building will be without heating and cooling for the time being.