Brundidge mobile home catches fire (photo)
Published 2:00 am Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Messenger photo/Scottie Brown
A grease fire caused considerable damage Monday night during a house trailer fire in the 500 block of County Road 4425 in Brundidge. Hamilton Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department responded to a trailer fire after Wendell Mulkey, the owner of the trailer, left french-fries cooking on the stove. Mulkey said he had gone to the Dollar General to purchase milk and creamer and received call saying the trailer was on fire. No one else was in the home at the time. Brundidge Fire Chief Glen Atkins, who lives across the street, was the first to respond to the fire. Hamilton Crossroads Assistant Fire Chief Tyler Flowers said Atkins had the used a water house to fight the fire until the firefighters arrived.. Flowers said responders had the fire out approximately 20 minutes after receiving the call. No injuries were reported in the incident, Flowers said.
Updated Thursday, June 18 to reflect that Mulkey was not the renter of the trailer but the owner.