House catches fire on Stringer Street (PHOTOS)
Published 12:20 am Saturday, September 6, 2014
The Troy Fire Department and Troy Police Department responded to a structure fire at a house on the intersection of Bulah Road and Stringer Street in Troy at approximately 11 p.m. Friday.
According to officials, the front side of the house located at 310 Stringer Street was on fire when first responders arrived. Firefighters on the scene said it appears that the fire began on the front porch of the structure. The primary search indicated no one was home when the fire started. The fire is still under investigation.
Kim Adams, a resident of Stringer Street, said it was scary to see a fire so close to her home. She said she was alerted of the fire by the smell of smoke.
“I was hoping and praying nobody was in there,” Adams said. “Thank God nobody was home.”