Published 11:00 pm Monday, May 21, 2012
A fire that broke out in a field on Butter and Egg Road Monday morning was contained quickly after a joint effort from Banks Volunteer Fire Department and Pike County Fire and Rescue. The fire started when a mechanical hay bailer A a blaze that spread to nearby hay bales.
“Everything out here is just dry right now,” said Mike Dubose, property owner. “You get metal on metal out here and it can catch fire, and when it does that’s the end of that.”
The Troy Fire Department also responded. No one was injured in the fire.