Board finalizes superintendent interviews
Published 2:12 pm Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Interviews for the new superintendent of Troy City Schools will begin at 4 p.m. on Thursday, June. 16.
Board members are interviewing five potential candidates for the position, including one Pike County resident and one sitting superintendent.
Interviews are scheduled as follows:
• Dr. Mike Hall, principal Pike County High School, 4 p.m. June 16.
• Dr. Alan Miller, director of special education, Eufuala City Schools, 5:15 p.m. June 16.
• Dr. Boyd English principal, Emanuel City Schools, Twin City, Ga., 5 p.m. Monday, June 20.
• Lee Hicks, principal, Prattville High School, 6:15 p.m. Monday, June 20.
• Alexis Seymore, superintendent, Dawson Springs Board of Education, Dawson Springs, Ky., 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 21.
“We’re going to have one hour interviews,” said Roxie Kitchens, president of the school board. “We’re starting this week and trying to leave time on Thursday for folks to attend the Miracle Field dedication if they want to do so.”
The interviews will be conducted in open meetings, and the public can attend. Members of the audience will not be allowed to ask questions of the candidates.
However, Kitchens said on Monday that members of the public can submit suggested questions to the board via the interim superintendent. The questions can be emailed to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kitchens said each candidate will be asked the same questions. “We will not give them the questions in writing or in advance,” she said. “Each board member is developing their top five questions” and the questions will be compiled prior to the interviews.
“With only an hour for interviews, there’s not much time,” she said. “But I’ve checked around, and that is pretty standard.”
The Board of Education has announced a called board meeting for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, to discuss the results of the interview process. “We hope to be able to select a candidate at that time,” Kitchens said.