Lockheed Martin hosts auction for Relay
Published 9:19 pm Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Special to The Messenger
Lockheed Martin, who is a member of the ACS Relay For Life National Corporate Team and the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer National Corporate Team Programs, is once again supporting the 2011 Relay for Life event by hosting the 2nd Annual Lockheed Martin Relay for Life Team Online Silent Auction.
“We have all seen the pain and heartache that cancer can bring to individuals and families, but we also have hope in the future,” said Mel Schubert, site director for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Pike County Operations. “With your support, we can help the American Cancer Society continue conducting research and providing important resources that aid in the fight against cancer, and ultimately save lives.”
Last year’s successful auction was supported by donated items over 50 local county businesses and raised more than $5,000 for the American Cancer Society.
Bidding in the 2nd Annual Lockheed Martin Relay For Life Team Online Silent Auction begins today and ends Friday, April 29, at 5 p.m. To preview items, go to: http://silentauction.verticalaps.com/troyrelay2011.
This year’s auction already has several items up for bid, and many items are being added daily. Some of the available items will include:
• Dell Latitude D630 Laptops
• Beach front vacation for a family of four
• Gift certificates to hotels, restaurants, and fitness centers
• and much, much more!
Wenona Sublett of Lockheed said residents can make a huge impact on the community and win great prizes by taking these three easy steps:
1) Register – Register to bid in the auction by clicking on the following web address: http://silentauction.verticalaps.com/register.asp?auction=18
2) Get Ready to Bid – View all of the items and place bids by visiting the silent auction webpage at http://silentauction.verticalaps.com/troyrelay2011 and clicking on the Item List link at the top of the page.
3) Spread the Word – The auction is open to bidders worldwide, so please forward this e-mail to your friends, family and co-workers.
Also, 100 percent of the proceeds from the silent auction will go directly to the American Cancer Society to help in the fight against cancer.
“This is your chance to have some fun, win some wonderful items, and help out a great cause, all at the same time,” Sublett said. If you have any questions about this year’s auction please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-372-7331.
“Thank you for your support, and happy bidding!”