PHOTO GALLERY: Fire at Burger KingPublished 10:06pm Friday, May 23, 2014
Firefighters responded to a reported fire at Burger King, 832 U.S. Highway 231 North, Friday evening. A wall adjacent to an entrance had caught on fire and employees reported seeing smoke inside the restaurant. Firefighters ripped away outer layers of the wall to find a portion of the wood frame smoldering. They quickly put out the fire while the evacuated staff waited in the parking lot for an all-clear. An officer on scene said a cigarette appeared to be the cause. The incident is still under investigation. There were no reported injuries.