PMUMC to hold benefit sale today

Published 9:08 pm Friday, February 19, 2010


Park Memorial United Methodist Church is holding its Semi-Annual Children’s Closet Consignment Sale fundraiser for the church’s Children’s Department today.

The sale runs from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. but will be closed from noon to 1 p.m. The church is located at 750 Elba Highway in Troy.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Items for sale include children’s clothes, toys and shoes. Some baby items, like car seats and strollers, and maternity items will be available, also. Most items are for the spring or summer season.

Members of Park Memorial donated most items. “It’s a great opportunity to make some money with things in your house,” said Kathy Kilpatrick, sale spokeswoman.

All donors are responsible for pricing items before they drop them off, and they sign up to work two-hour shifts at the sale. Donors keep 90 percent of all the money from their respective items, and the remaining 10 percent is donated to the Children’s Department at the church.

“We use the money throughout the year for basic needs in our children’s ministry here at the church,” Kilpatrick said. “We use it for curriculum materials, Vacation Bible School and other activities for the children.”

Admission to the sale is $1, and all proceeds from admission go to the missions sponsored by the church.

The sale is a win-win situation for all involved. Donors can clean out closets or storage spaces and make a few extra dollars, buyers can get gently used children’s items for a fair price and two programs at Park Memorial receive additional funds.

For more information, contact Kathy Kilpatrick at 566-3881.