Archived Story

Church fire cancels service

Published 11:00pm Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Wednesday night church service was canceled and the Child Development Center is scheduled to remain closed through Friday after a small fire in the upstairs women’s bathroom at Southside Baptist Church in Troy.

No major damage and no injuries were reported as a result of the Wednesday morning fire, but the educational building was covered in a layer of soot and dust.

A professional crew was expected to clean the entire facility during the short closure to make sure the area is safe for services on Sunday.

 

Editor's Picks