Holiday market offers variety of vendorsPublished 8:28pm Thursday, November 4, 2010
When the holiday shopping season rolls around — and it will, sooner than you think — you could brave the Black Friday rush-and-crush. Or, you could drive around the corner and buy a local gift from a familiar face.
The Troy Chamber of Commerce’s first Holiday Market will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Troy Recreation Center.
Admission is $5 per person. The market will offer a diversity of items from many local vendors.
“There will be a great variety of vendors selling items that will make great Christmas gifts and holiday decorations,” said Leigh Anne Windham, president of the Chamber. Here is a list of the vendors and their wares, as provided by Windham.
• Ann Sparks – Vintage tin paintings, Holiday signs
• Amour Boutique – Ladies clothing, jewelry and purses
• Cakes by Joyce – Handmade sock monkeys for children, baked treats
• Collage Gifts and Apparel – Ladies clothing, jewelry, accessories and gifts of all kinds
• Courtyard by Marriott – painted pillowcases – proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pike County
• Cutiepatodies – candles, watches, handmade glass tile pendants
• Family Ties – Candles, Vera Bradley, gifts, holiday decor
• First Baptist Church – Various arts and crafts
• First Impression – Ladies clothing, jewelry, purses, Christmas ornaments and décor
• Gifts Galore – Monogrammed gifts, totes and accessories
• JBaby by Jennifer Rachel – Handmade Children’s clothing and accessories
• Jean’s Flowers
• Jennifer Lindsey – Hand painted door hangers, wall art & Christmas ornaments
• Kristen Hues Jewelry – Hand made jewelry
• Maxine’s Florist – wickless and wicked candles, Christmas
• Nature’s Notables – cookbooks, botanical art, marshmallow shooters, coke bottle puzzles, packaged food items, pot watchers
• Ohh La La Soaps – Handmade goats milk soaps and lotions made with organic and all natural ingredients
• Pike Animal Shelter – cookbooks, shirts, stained glass, scarves, lupine collars & leashes, hot chocolate jars & crafts
• Pink Polka Dots – Monogrammed gifts & cosmetics
• Renaissance Tanning & Gifts – Market baskets, lunch totes, backpacks, shopping carts, picture frames, jewelry, candles
• Roscoe Jackson (Caleb Dawson) – Handmade ornaments made from recycled materials, furniture and Christmas décor
• Sav-A-Life – Children’s canvas paintings with animals & Bible verses, hairbows, picture frames, tiles, key chains, tumblers and honorarium cards
• Scentsy Candles – Scentsy Wickless Candles
• Southern Scents & Sensations – Hand poured soaps, simmering tarts, votive candles, tart burners and dog treats
• Tahiti Tanz – Tanning gift certificates, lotion/body wash gift bags, body oil, body lotions
• Tasha Rhodes – Handmade childrens clothes, baby items & hairbows
•Terra Cotta – Christmas gifts and decorations
•The Social Butterfly – Handmade Jewelry, Handmade Holiday & Sports Wreaths, Handmade Brooches, Holiday Ornaments, Decorative Christmas Trees, Yoga CHAKRA T-Shits, Infant Bibs & Burb Cloths, Girls’ Barrettes, Custom Sorority/Fraternity Pin Pillows, and more.
• Top it Off – Knit hats, scarves & afghans for children and adults. Stockings & Mimi Clippers
•Troy Junior Women’s League – Cookbooks
• Troy University Alumni Affairs – Christmas ornaments
• Thirty-One Gifts – Totes, purses, wallets, organizers, luggage tags, accessories for ladies and children
• Whaley Pecan Company – shelled pecans, pecan gift baskets, pecan candy